Do widgets support introspection?

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Wed Jan 10 12:54:41 EST 2018

On 2018-01-10 18:49, Geoff Canyon via use-livecode wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 12:44 PM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode <
>
>> There is an API which does it in a form suitable for the property
>> inspector, but that's not quite as succinct.
>>

> ​Is this script-accessible, or just engine-accessible?​

Script accessible - its part of the IDE library.

I chatted to Ali about this first thing this morning...

`revIDEPropertiesInfo pObjectList` returns an array of obj property info
that is shared between the objects in the list. Although that's in a
processed form required by the property inspector.

The info will be that required by the property inspector - which is
probably suitable for Navigator (which I'm assuming is what you are
looking to update :)).

Adding a non-property-inspector-specific describe API is on the list of
things to do :)

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps