The coming of SVG

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Fri Jan 5 10:03:32 EST 2018

On 2018-01-05 15:58, Dave Kilroy via use-livecode wrote:
> Hi - anyone got news on 'VectorIcon' or whatever it's going to be
> called? I
> was thinking it would arrive with LC (dp11) but it didn't

It did - but not in widget form.

There is a script library which compiles an SVG file into a metafile
format called a 'drawing'.

Then the image object has been prodded so you can set the text of an
image to said metafile data and it will render the SVG represented by
it.

Take a look in the dictionary under drawingSvgCompile().

> When using Mark's external that he shared on LC Global I can get it
> working
> in the IDE but it's a no-show on an iOS device (amongst other errors I
> get
> "864,7,1 unable to load sag compiler")

Yes - there was an issue with inclusions in extensions - that should be
fixed in dp11. However, the support for rendering drawings is in the
engine - so you only need to include the drawing SVG compiler library if
you want to compile SVGs on the fly.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps