Go in Window (not working) Go in A window "working"

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Tue Jan 2 00:03:06 EST 2018

On 01/01/2018 07:48 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode wrote:
> Mark recommends using "go in window" on Mobile,
> saying this closes stack A while going to open stack B
>
> This works on desktop
>
> put ("stack " & quote & gems & quote) into tDestination
> go tDestination  # but stack A remains open.
>

> but this fails in a backscript
>
> put ("stack " & quote & gems & quote) into tDestination;
> go to tDestination in window
>
> Script error,  though the dictionary seems to indicate this is correct syntax.

Well, the dictionary leaves a bit to the imagination.
It also says

Name: window
The name or windowID property of any open stack. If a window is
specified, the stack opens in that window, replacing the stack that was
previously displayed in that window.

So I believe what you want (untested) is something more like
go to tDestination in <stackName>
or
go to tDestination in <windowID>

--