send "keyUp" / "rawKeyUp" ?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 14:57:23 EST 2018

Here we go again: I reply to my own posting:

So: I have 2 fields and a button; the button having this sort of script:

on mouseUp
    put empty into fld "fff"
    select after fld "fff"
    type "q"
end mouseUp

and the cardScript of the stack having this sort of script:

on rawKeyDown RD
    put empty into fld "sss"
    put RD into fld "sss"
end rawKeyDown

at which point, on clicking on the button I get "113"
in field "sss", and, oddly enough, empty in field "fff".

Of course that doesn't help me at all as I want to do things the other
way round:

i.e. I want to send a rawKeyDown signal that fakes typing on the key on
my keyboard
that has the underlying rawKey code of 113.

Richmond.