representing this character from a pdf

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 18:44:32 EST 2018

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 1:08 PM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <

> That is the actual ASCII 63 wingdings character. He wants the right
arrow, something not even IN the wingdings character set (at least on Mac).

I went into LibreOffice (where it won't paste this character from the pdf)
and used the insert special character to find the one that looked right.

I pasted this in one, and it does seem to be windings, size 12.

I then found an error in my maintenance routines:  it checked for the text
font of the last char being "Windings", rather than "Wingdings" in a
case-sensitive section.

So then I set a script to loop through every field n the stack, and when it
found offset("",the text of tgTg) >0, it sets the textFont to windings and
the textSize to 12.

I'm not sure I have the same character, but it sure looks right.

And something funny is definitely going on . . .

Thanks so much; thus aspect of my forms *finally* looks right after a
couple of years . ..

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462