Screen readers

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Mon Dec 10 15:22:49 EST 2018

On 12/10/2018 3:06 PM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
> Does screen reader software (for visually limited users) work with LC
> fields? Anyone know?

Not in our experience. Have not checked LC9.

We get requests periodically for versions of our products (both made
using LiveCode) that support populate screen reader systems for the
visually impaired. I am very sad to say, we simply can't afford to
develop and test how to integrate LC for even the most popular system.
This is an area where I really wish LiveCode Ltd. would do some research
and open a Feature Exchange to add whatever is needed to make LC apps
compliant. We'd contribute, but just can't take it on all by ourselves.