fullscreenmode and rect of a substack on mobile device ?

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Fri Aug 31 22:28:45 EDT 2018

@Brian

That was interesting an experiment.

I reduced all geometry to this

*on*openCard

    *put*mobileRectGet() intotStackRect

#mobileRectSet get the screenrect on app init

     *if* isMobile() *then*

      *if* theplatformisandroid *then*

*            set*therectofwidget"body"to0,0,486,765

*            else*

*            set*rectrectofwidget"body"to0,0,414,680

*            end* *if*

*                put*thelocofthiscardintotCardLoc

*                answer*tCardLoc with"OK"

*            set*thelocofwidget"body"to( item1oftCardLoc, (item2of
tCharLoc)-50)

*    end* *if*

*end*openCard

I get the card loc alright in the answe; but the browser widget "does
not obey"

You said: "What I'm not clear about is whether you can set the rect of
the stack to the known screen rect and have it display correctly."

Answer is "no" but it may be just the (browser on android) OR (it may be that the attempt to place *any* object on opencard, doesn't *really* know to coords of the stack/card, even if you get them).... until resizestack is triggered.

And, additional caveat (on Android, every works on iOS)  if you start playing a youTube in portrait mode and, while it is playing, rotate to phone... the browse "disappears" , you can still hear the audio... so I suspect the browser it "off in space", but it you *do not* starting play, are rotate the phone, you get the "web page" as expected and then you can play the video,.... rotate the phone (portrait) still playing... rotate again and YouTube disappears. this does happen in a "regular web page"

all working fine on iOS,

I have roll back a few commits, and then next I'll try Ralphs Hack... we use the same method "SivaSiva.livecode" is a stack that is always open, does the same job/app init as Ralph "stub-stack"

BR

--
Svasti Astu, Be Well!
Brahmanathaswami