fullscreenmode and rect of a substack on mobile device ?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Aug 21 18:21:28 EDT 2018

Brian Milby wrote:

 > Richard wrote:
 >> ...another useful detail when placing things within groups under
 >> most circumstances is to set the lockLoc of the group and everything
 >> within it.  So much becomes so simple that way, and without it the
 >> automatic accommodate of interior objects within a group can
 >> sometimes be mystifying.  All that becomes confidently predictable
 >> with lockLoc.
 >
 > @Richard, could you elaborate on the lockLoc?  I assume you are
 > talking about the part where the group will not resize based on
 > control positions within and that if you set H/W of a control the
 > topLeft remains the same along with images not resizing back to
 > their source's size.  Did I miss anything?

By default groups are unlocked and resize to accommodate whatever's
within them.  If you move something within the group, the group will
adjust itself to what is more or less its formattedRect.

This is often useful if you're using the group as a general container,
but starts to get squirrelly when you're moving stuff within the group
from the group's own script and the rect of the group matters to your
layout.

The sequence is:

- A group gets its resizeControl, where it moves its
   interior controls.

- Moving an interior control may alter the rect of the group
   to something different from what the card script intended.

- Depending on the placement of things, a change to the group's
   rect may also move other controls within it.

LockLoc locks things down so they only change according to what your
script dictates.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems