Using stackoverflow.com

Todd Fabacher tfabacher at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 15:08:11 EDT 2018

Just curious...Why are these questions NOT being put on stackoverflow.com?
This is now people, companies, and publications rank languages these days.

I think I have seen a post on people asking before, but it seems
self-defeating to keep these post in the format. The new kids on the block
and the old times do not benefit because they are not indexed by Google
properly.

Also, we have two clients who select NOT to have us use LiveCode this
month. Something needs to change here. I am a strong believer that the
community needs to step forward and do something. The two reasons they want
a different environment were:

1. Not sufficient 3rd party tools with a viable marketplace [also little on
Git]. If we have all these old LC scripts and they are open source, why
don't we just put them on git???

and

2. small community on StackOverflow.

And please someone work on the www.slant.co. Here it is if you are
unaware:  https://medium.com/building-slant/what-is-slant-5a836b200c0
People really read this stuff and I can't get clients to use livecode. It's
a real problem that needs to be addressed. I try not to complain and I
think the community needs to step forward.

https://www.slant.co/versus/119/124/~livecode_vs_scratch
https://www.slant.co/versus/119/125/~livecode_vs_php
https://www.slant.co/versus/119/126/~livecode_vs_golang
https://www.slant.co/versus/119/381/~livecode_vs_haxe

We all suffer as a community when we can not get companies who would commit
resources and new young blood. Don't just want to complain. I am happy to
put some resources into widgets. We have been working on a few.

--Todd