Regaining IDE Efficiency: Property Inspector

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 21:21:00 EDT 2018

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 3:49 PM Mark Wieder via use-livecode <

> On 08/09/2018 08:14 AM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
>
> > Many (most?) development environments use a property sheet* instead, to
> > handle the deep, rich variety of detailed properties developers need to
> > control.
>
> Much like revNavigator, no? <g>
> I'm a big fan of property sheets.
>
> --
>   Mark Wieder
>   ahsoftware at gmail.com

My thoughts exactly ;-)

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 5:12 PM Mike Kerner via use-livecode <

> I'm not a fan of sheets.  I find myself doing constant scrolling because
> the property I'm looking for never seems to be on the screen, or if I'm
> changing multiple properties and messing with settings to see what the
> combination does, I'm constantly going up down up down, overshooting the
> property, having to scroll-scroll-scroll to get to the right spot.

This is why Navigator allows you to add any list of properties in any order
you like to the top of its Property Editor, and why it automatically tracks
the most recent 5 properties you've edited (for that object type) to
include at the top as well.

If you have suggestions for how I might improve it, I'm happy to hear them.
One thing I'm thinking of is a "demote" list for properties to shove to the
bottom of the (currently alphabetical) list, since there are a bunch I
never touch.

regards,

Geoff