valueDiff for arrays?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Aug 4 15:00:01 EDT 2018

Mark Waddingham wrote:

 > Yes - so come up with LCS handlers which do that, share them, let's
 > work together to make them as efficient in LCS as possible and then
 > see what we can do in the engine to improve their performance (which
 > I'm guessing is as much the purpose for the proposition as the
 > syntax).

It is, primarily.  The minor convenience is nice too, but you know how
much I love to see performance enhancements in the engine.

As for implementation, Mark Wieder's looks good:
http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-livecode/2018-August/248862.html

Thinking about performance, I wonder if there's anything from some of
the changes that have boosted PHP 7's performance so far above its
earlier versions which may be relevant for LC:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PHP/comments/3q2brz/how_is_php_7_twice_as_fast/

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems