valueDiff for arrays?

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Sat Aug 4 14:19:25 EDT 2018

On 2018-08-04 20:06, Mark Wieder via use-livecode wrote:
> LOL. Well, OK. But by exposing *just* the mobileXXX function at the
> scripting level, the onus is no longer on the developer to have to
> script the utility function for each application. You have the
> opportunity at this point to expose a single function rather than two
> or three.
>
> https://www.knowyourphrase.com/beating-a-dead-horse

LOL - perhaps - but its an important point which I perhaps did not make
entirely clear - my bad!

My intent was never to suggest that every developer would have to hack
their own together in every individual case... More that is gives us the
opportunity to write an engine-level 'script library' in LCS which
provides the functionality.

We have quite a rich extension system these days - and even before that
liburl was embedded as essentially an engine feature, written in LCS
because of the way it was handled in the IDE and Standalone Builder.

Basically these lower-level platform specific operations can be used to
create a mobile handler script library, which would be a script-library
in the open source repository - which can contain the cross-platform
'mobile' implementations.

It makes it visible, accessible and something which is much easier for
people to contribute to - or copy, rename and modify as they need to for
their specific project.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps