valueDiff for arrays?

Brian Milby brian at milby7.com
Sat Aug 4 14:15:09 EDT 2018

On Sat, Aug 4, 2018 at 1:06 PM, Mark Wieder via use-livecode <

> On 08/04/2018 09:36 AM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:
>
>> On 2018-08-04 18:25, Mark Wieder via use-livecode wrote:
>>

> Heh - well your pseudo-code just essentially made my point for me - why
>> does any of that need to be in the engine, if the engine provides the
>> underlying wrappers around the OS functionality (as it is on the specific
>> OS) to be able to write them? :)
>>

> LOL. Well, OK. But by exposing *just* the mobileXXX function at the
> scripting level, the onus is no longer on the developer to have to script
> the utility function for each application. You have the opportunity at this
> point to expose a single function rather than two or three.

So maybe what is really needed is a split of the revcommonlibrary into 3
separate ones:  revdesktoplibrary, revmobilelibrary, and revcommonlibrary.
Then utility functions that are easily written in LCS could be placed in
the appropriate library and would be available to all apps that are built
for that platform.  (I actually looked into this when working on adding the
common library to mobile.)