CEF browser question

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Fri Aug 3 19:10:29 EDT 2018

> On 4 Aug 2018, at 2:35 am, prothero--- via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> As I was working on and testing the browser widget, which seemed to fail when tested on my iPhone, I thought the problem was with the browser widget, but it turned out to be that I was trying to link to a web site that wouldn’t let me load it because I was using a vpn on my iPhone. The vpn wouldn’t let them load their tracker. Nasty.

As Ralph mentioned you are likely hitting ATS issues so try disabling that. Not sure who’s tracker you are referring to.

> So, I thought it was a browser problem and looked into using the CEF browser. Docs say it is no longer supported in LC9 versions, but I see the entry in the inclusions. Is there a reason this inclusion is relevant, or am I missing something?

CEF is no longer supported in revBrowser or the browser widget on mac but is still used for the browser widget on windows and linux. It has never been used on iOS and I don’t think ever will be.

Cheers

Monte