put URL oddity

Stephen MacLean smaclean at madmansoft.com
Fri Aug 3 17:14:25 EDT 2018

While *verified* encryption may be “required” by the major browsers and others for preventing "Man In the Middle” attacks, it’s still a hair ball that a lot of sites still haven’t figured out properly… and THAT is the big problem.

Cost, expertise, hosting, maintenance of certs, etc. all contribute to it not being the standard that folks would like it to be. Free certs and tools to make it easier to implement are helping, but there is a long way to go. I’m sure it will get there at some point.

I am glad to see that LC is supporting the verification of certs, good stuff. A few years ago, I ran into an issue where it couldn’t verify a valid, verified cert from a major vendor.

I do like your idea though;)

Steve