some thoughts on version 9.0.0

Niggemann, Bernd Bernd.Niggemann at uni-wh.de
Thu Apr 19 16:15:15 EDT 2018

I use the Project Browser heavily ... one change in 9.0.0 I definitely DO NOT
like is the "new" way of indicating a "behavior" assignment on an object.
What's with the little oval with a "1" in it???  I used the (previous) line
counts to visually match to the "source" button line counts.. easy... now, I
have to open the Properties to see which object is the source behavior.. not
good, IMO

Hi Douglas,

the number 1 indicates that this is the first behavior. Behaviors can be stacked and then you would have 2,3 or whatever up to ten behaviors. The number of lines is useful for the object but not so much for the behavior. The tooltip indicates the the name of the behavior, clicking on it opens the script of the behavior.

Page 33 of the release notes states:

Show up to 10 nested behavior in the Project Browser

It is now possible to view up to 10 nested behaviors of an object in the PB. The behaviors are shown using oval graphics. Clicking on the graphic takes you to the script of the behavior. The tooltip of the graphic shows the long name of the behavior.

https://github.com/livecode/livecode-ide/pull/1508

Kind regards

Bernd