LiveCode 8.2.0 DP-1 Dropping Keystrokes in IDE

RunRevPlanet feed at smpcsupport.com
Tue Sep 19 17:41:48 EDT 2017

@Jacqueline,

> <hands you a tissue>

I meant say thank you for this last time, but got distracted. Tissues certainly
help with the way I was feeling the other day.

@Bob,

DP? I understand the risks of using a DP. But when a release is made with an
introduction that begins with:

> We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 8.2.0 DP-1...

and ends with:

> Have fun!

I get the impression that it has been made public because it is ready for us
developers can kick the tyres and try it out.

Nowhere did the Notes say:

"3. You might find it is totally unusable with real world scripts on some
Windows installations."

I get excited by a release (DP or otherwise) that is said to fix one of my pet
hates (selection of text in the IDE not working reliably) and then discover that
I can't even use it for real world coding. That is annoying and disappointing.

It troubles me that *any* release is made with an obvious "show stopper" bug.

It indicates that no one tested 8.2.0 DP-1 on a Windows box for any length of
time with any more than a few short scripts.

Doesn't this surprise you?

@Mark,

That is a quick fix! I look forward to 8.2.0 DP-2.
--
Scott McDonald
http://thelivecodelab.com/