LiveCode 8.2.0 DP-1 Dropping Keystrokes in IDE

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Sun Sep 17 20:44:33 EDT 2017

Hi Scott

This will obviously need to be fixed before we can go to RC. The only reason I can think for dropped keystrokes is if the windows engine somehow ignores them if it’s busy so the messages aren’t sent. I’ll need to see what Mark thinks on that. However, regardless of that we will need to make sure there’s nothing blocking typing. In theory it shouldn’t be autocomplete as it doesn’t do anything unless you haven’t been typing for 200 milliseconds, however, it’s obviously some change I’ve made...

A couple of questions:

- did you notice any dropped keystrokes in earlier versions and it’s just worse or is this something completely new for you?
- do you feel like it got gradually worse over the 10 minutes to the point of being unusable or do you think it was consistently bad all the way through

Cheers

Monte