Android Audio Playback & Recording

Peter Reid preid at reidit.co.uk
Sun Sep 10 17:06:14 EDT 2017

Hi,

I'm making an app for Android in the form of an Amazon Fire 7 tablet (2017 version).  I'm doing the development with LC 9-dp8 and a Mac running macOS 10.12.6.

A key part of this app requires the user to say a word or two, which will be recorded by the tablet and saved for subsequent comparison with a speech fragment played earlier.  What I'm looking for is the way to include the output of a word or short phrase, as spoken text; followed by speech input from the user, and then compared with the original speech recorded previously.

Andy suggestions please?

Thanks.

Peter
--