What Android device detail do you find useful and why?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Sep 10 16:57:30 EDT 2017

On 9/8/17 8:46 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode wrote:
> MobileBuildInfo for Android (see below)
>
> Is anyone tracking this stuff? If so, what, from your analytics experience is most useful? And why?

The most useful for me would be to get the hardware serial number for
tracking purposes, but many Android devices block that. And with the new
Oreo OS, the OS itself will block it, so it's mostly unavailable
everywhere. The model and manufacturer might be useful if you want to
see what devices are using your app.

> And: is there no way to get this for iOS?  (can't find anything similar in the dictionary that would tell us "iPhone 7, 5, 6+, iPad Mini"

Try "the machine".

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com