Strange permissions issues calling 'shell' in Windows

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Tue Oct 31 18:33:43 EDT 2017

> On 31 Oct 2017, at 9:40 pm, Ben Rubinstein via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> Is there some way that calling 'shell' enters a context with less permission than the app which calls it? And is there something I can do about this?

LiveCode’s shell function on windows is basically telling cmd.exe to run the command. I have run into permissions issues before on school networks that have policies that block the use of the command prompt. In that case moving to open process with a read from process loop worked around the policy. You might try that. It could be in the scheduled task environment there is something missing that cmd.exe needs.

Cheers

Monte