Size restrictions when cloning or create a control in script

Tore Nilsen tore.nilsen at me.com
Mon Oct 2 09:32:51 EDT 2017

One of my students have come across what may be a bug. When trying to clone a control where width/height is less than 9, LiveCode reverts to default sizes set in the preferences for that particular control. The same happen if you try to create a new control by setting the with/height of the templateControl to less than 9. I know it is possible to create/clone the control after a lock screen command has been issued, change the sizes and then issue an unlock screen command, but this seems unnecessary, especially if you want to clone an existing control where the dimensions are already set. After all, if a clone is identical to the original object, then it can hardly be called a clone.

Should I file a bug report or is this something that should be considered a feature?

Regards
Tore Nilsen