goofy question about audioClip

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 15:27:25 EST 2017

I had a look at a very well explained tutorial on how to play audio
files in LiveCode:

http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4071/l/25230-play-sounds

for the simple reason that the last time I played sound in LivCode (or
"Runtime Revolution" as then was)
was in 2002 in a Commercial product I worked on for Macintosh and
Windows in Scotland.

At that time to play audio files the end-user had to have QuickTime
installed on their computer.

So I was "dead chuffed" to find that my "carrot.aiff" test file, on
being imported into my test stack
and triggered by

play audioClip "carrot.aiff" gave me a nice, clean crunch "just like that."

Now for the goofy Q:

Is there a way to play audioClips in Linux?

The tutorial makes no mention of this feature being restricted to some
platforms.

Richmond.