LC8 release structure

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Tue Nov 28 21:06:01 EST 2017

On 11/28/2017 04:32 PM, Monte Goulding via use-livecode wrote:
> The 8.2 release cycle is mainly for IDE features like autocomplete that could potentially be disruptive and need a bit of iteration.

Well, yes, I got that from the release notes.

But I see that one of my bug reports (#9505) is now resolved as being
fixed in LC8.2-dp2. So is it that the 8.2 development channel is getting
bug fixes a month ahead of (and instead of) the 8.1.8 channel? Would the
8.2 bugfixes get backported to 8.1.8? That seems weird.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com