[OT] Google TensorFlow Lite

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 19:44:49 EST 2017

Today, Google announced the release of TensorFlow Lite

https://research.googleblog.com/2017/11/on-device-conversational-modeling-with.html

"TensorFlow Lite is TensorFlow's lightweight solution for mobile and
embedded devices. As part of the library, we have also released an
on-device conversational model and a demo app, so you can easily
download and try out one-touch smart replies on your mobile device."

In a previous mail list (or forum) thread, I had wrote that Microsoft,
using their Cortana Research Labs and their dedicated Xbox userbase
would become the first company to dominate the market of AI driven
personal assistants. Looks like I was wrong... deeply wrong.
Is corporate culture still holding back Microsoft?

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/laptops/features/how-satya-nadella-rebooted-microsofts-corporate-culture-837363

Google is pushing their TensorFlow framework with all their might.
They really want that this framework is deployed as widely as humanly
possible.

I just keep wondering what does this means in the long term.

Does every TensorFlow deployment "share" their data ("experience")
with other TensorFlow driven devices?

If a person trains a device for a very specific and unique task, Does
this framework automatically uploads and share this data
("experience") for everyone to share and use?

These are questions that I see nobody is doing. or... maybe Did
someone already answered these (and others questions) and I miss these
answers?

Looks like we would have to wait until AI becomes a service within the
Operating System before being able to use it from Livecode.

Al