using LC as an emulator

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Tue Nov 7 11:28:17 EST 2017

On 2017-11-07 04:00, Mike Kerner via use-livecode wrote:
> It's a LOT of code, all of which was originally written 30+ years ago,
> but
> we've been maintaining it ever since.  Many of the other systems that
> we
> have written interface with this core, and extend it, since there are
> much
> better tools available to us, now (like LC).  It's written in HP BASIC
> for
> an environment called Eloquence, which is an HP 3000/HP250 legacy
> environment that now runs on your stock iron hardware and OS's.

Interesting - so is it HP BASIC you are wanting to emulate? Or is the
ERP an interpreter *written* in HP BASIC for some other language...

If its the former, then is there a language spec for the variant of HP
BASIC it is written in lurking somewhere?

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps