The coming of SVG

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Mon Nov 6 09:34:18 EST 2017

This might be a stupid question, but might it be possible for this new control
to completely replace the existing image control?

There aren't very many special properties relating especially to images. If
the new object implemented those at least to a first approximation, then
perhaps it could simply be called "image". All existing uses of images would
work, and the gloss would be that the image object had gained some exciting
new capabilities.

Is this a mad dream?