The coming of SVG

Terry Judd terry.judd at unimelb.edu.au
Sun Nov 5 14:10:55 EST 2017

If not picture (or canvas) then another couple of names that might work and don’t have baggage associated with them are figure and drawing.

I perhaps like the look/sound of drawing better but it doesn’t really capture the ability of the object to contain an image particularly well. If you think about figure, in the way it is used in presenting visual information in books/articles etc then a figure can contain all sorts of visual elements, graphics, drawings, images, text, whatever.

Terry...

    On 2017-11-05 00:59, Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode wrote:
    > I like "Canvas" from LCB but unfortunately that is already taken. It
    > would have been my favorite.

    Hmmm - actually, why not 'canvas'?