The coming of SVG

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Fri Nov 3 13:51:47 EDT 2017

Hi Mark

> Am 03.11.2017 um 14:19 schrieb Mark Waddingham via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>
> Hi all,
>
> My most recent talk at LCG (in October) was 'Building an SVG Widget' and in order to talk about such a thing, I needed to actually build one - so I did :)
>
> So, we are now firmly on the road to full SVG support in LiveCode!
>
> At the moment the implementation only supports geometric shape tags, paths, and solid color fills. However, it supports the standard fill/stroke attributes and should work ...
>
>  a) we would integrate the 'prototype' implemented for SVG as 'com.livecode.widget.picture'
>  b) we would add a 'picture' noun to the language as the control type for that widget
>  c) we would add icon reference support, allowing it to be used in place of an image
>  d) we would add graphic-like shape properties, allowing you to use it in place of a graphic
>  e) we would add support to the image tag in svg, and image-like image properties, allowing it to be used in place of an image
>  f) we would gradually expand support for the range of SVG it can directly render (gradients and layers are high on the hit list here)
>
> In terms of timescale, we are currently looking at delivering 'just' (a) for 9.0 (although I do have my eye on at least (c) too - we'll have to see how other things we still need to ...
> I look forward to reading any feedback you might have!
>
> Warmest Regards,
>
> Mark.

this is really wonderful news!

Some questions regarding C:
When using an image as a button icon, the size of the image in button = size of the image with that ID.
Will this behaviour be the same with SVG "icons"? Or will we be able to display the same SVG in different
buttons at different sizes? Know what I mean?

If that is possible, then we would need another property for buttons (or the SVGs?) to be able to scale the
icon inside of the button. Something to consider, I think. :-)

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major