Link to iOS device settings

andrew at midwestcoastmedia.com andrew at midwestcoastmedia.com
Fri Nov 3 11:01:04 EDT 2017

> Based on that SO discussion you should be able to use launch url. It
> looks like the url scheme changed from `prefs:` to `App-Prefs:` in
> iOS 10. So you might want to try one then the other.
>
> So:
>
> launch url ?App-Prefs:root=NOTIFICATIONS_ID&path=<app bundle id>?
> if the result is ?no association" then
>     launch url ?prefs:root=NOTIFICATIONS_ID&path=<app bundle id>?
> end if

Thank you Monte! This didn't work exactly how I expected, but will
suffice for now.

That code took me to iOS Settings, but not to any place in
particular... just to the last Settings area visited. So if I had last
visited Settings > Personal Hotspot then that's where the link from my
LiveCode app took me (and not to the Settings for my app bundle, or
even the root of Settings for that matter).

Using the codes I found @ https://github.com/phynet/iOS-URL-Schemes I
tried some of the other URLs and the small handful that I tried all
had the same result of going from LiveCode app to the last area of
Settings that was active on the device.

--Andrew Bell