Device implementation problems

Pyyhtiä Christer christer at mindcrea.com
Fri Nov 3 01:55:12 EDT 2017

A few days ago I raised the question on how the device behaviour differs from how it is in the IDE environment.  The question posed was if there is a command

	go card "xyz"

and the script continues to run immediately, would there be interference in terms of "getting the go done".

Interpreting a couple of answers, thank you, I understood that it would not cause problems.

However, there can be interference, and I could prove it and repeat it.  As follows.

-	The target is Android device (I am using an old Samsung Galaxy S4 thanks to its screen pixel size (and despite of having dropped it both on concrete and in a lake quite a few times still does great job)

-	In the app there is a virtual screen (card is larger then the # of pixels on the physical screen), and there are about 100 objects on it.  The card is resized based on the screenRect parameters in several sets of different objects, the amount of code running through is maybe > 1000 lines of LC.

-	When I issue the "go" and let the script run, many of the objects won't get done completely, for example card background, button or field colouring gets only partially done.  However, if I either add "lock screen" before the "go" statement, or issue "wait 100 milliSeconds" after the "go", everything is OK.  And all of this can be repeated.  The Android device is kept off other duties, so that it is not getting vast amount of interruts.

Now, the above method helps me to solve the problem, but would there be any other methods to avoid such an implementation issues?

Anyone else had similar experience?

rgds

Christer Pyyhtiä
christer at mindcrea.com