results of SPLIT when keys not unique

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 18:51:07 EDT 2017

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 3:39 PM, Monte Goulding via use-livecode

> It would probably be nice to have some explicit syntax to govern this behavior so that you could explicitly declare
> you want clobbering behavior or first come best dressed.

explicit is (almost) always nice (says the guy mulling over a PARALLEL
REPEAT syntax . . .)

>If more than one part of the variable delimited by the primaryDelimiter has the same first portion delimited by the
>secondaryDelimiter, only the element corresponding to the first part is created.

ARGH.  I need stronger glasses.  I even went to the Dictionary and
looked, and couldn't see that phrase . . .

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462