JSON import error

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Nov 2 02:02:52 EDT 2017

I am trying to convert some JSON to a LC array. Both JSONImport and
JSONToArray are failing. JSONToArray gives only a generic "error in
function". JSONImport gives this:

863,9,9,runtime
864,9,9,syntax error: 1:1 Unexpected character '˛'
865,9,9,json.lcb
866,9,9,65
897,9,9,1
865,9,9,json.lcb
866,9,9,262
897,9,9,1
219,9,9,JSONimport
465,9,9

The JSON is full of foreign characters, saved on disk as UTF-16 (with
BOM), and read into LC as binary text. I've run the text through several
online JSON validators and none report any problems.

I don't know if the above error will come through the list correctly but
it isn't a normal comma. LC's charToNum() reports 254. I pasted it into
BBEdit's "find" dialog and when I do a search on the actual file, BBEdit
says it doesn't exist in there.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com