HTML5 deployment: progress comes into sight

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Wed May 31 04:48:25 EDT 2017

On 2017-05-31 10:38, Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode wrote:
> A native svg object that accurately displays all svg files is
> essential. I strongly support Mark's point on that issue. This is not
> reinventing the wheel - it's attaching the already invented wheel to
> the wagon.

Heh - well more accurately - attaching a LiveCode-compatible instance of
the already invented wheel pattern to the LiveCode wagon ;)

Accurately displaying *all* SVG files might take quite a while (SVG is
quite a large standard) - however, there are smaller subsets
(Basic/Tiny) which cover the 'icon' use-case sufficiently. So they are a
good place to start.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps