insanely long delays when moving several selected objects

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Tue May 30 19:42:54 EDT 2017

On May 30, 2017, at 5:39 PM, Dr. Hawkins via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com<mailto:use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>> wrote:

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 2:51 PM, Ali Lloyd via use-livecode <
use-livecode at lists.runrev.com<mailto:use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>> wrote:

The workaround might be to close the property inspector- however that of
course depends on whether the PI is open while you are experiencing this
currently.

!!!

I'd never noticed a connection to property inspectors--but they would
almost always be open when I'm doing this type of thing.

I wonder if he meant the Project Browser, rather than the property inspector. I’ve often seen slowdowns with the PB open, which tend to get worse the longer it’s open and which go away as soon as I close it.

Devin

Devin Asay
Director
Office of Digital Humanities