English Like?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu May 25 16:14:22 EDT 2017

Quite.

I never drink vodka.

But a "box" is not a BOX, and more than a "button" on a computer screen
has anything whatsoever to do
with buttons on my radio.

If I drink Rakia (the Bulgarian homologue of Whisky) I can feel this
intuitively.

I was not so daft as to use the word BOX without quotation marks as,
oddly enough, I am aware that a box is often
an object consisting of 5 or six rectangles making a container (but NOT
a solid object).

When writing about a "box" on a screen, knowing that everything on a
computer screen is part of some
gloriously extended metaphor I use quotation marks.

Right, I'm off for a modest glass of rakia and a slightly more generous
9 hours sleep.

Richmond.