English Like?

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Wed May 24 13:27:41 EDT 2017

On 05/24/2017 08:11 AM, Martin Koob via use-livecode wrote:
> I agree that LiveCode script should become more English like as time goes on
> not only with english words but also with more natural(or intuitive)
> grammar.
>
>>From your examples I think it would be more natural to type.
>
>     put the third index of tNumericArray into tFoo

The one that's always bugged me is

put item 2 of the rect of someObject into tVar

Rects have a defined order of items, and I can never remember whether
it's "left,top..." or "top,left..." and I end up looking it up every
time. I'd love to have a more normal (all right, English-like...
there... I've said it) way to remember and write this.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com