Sql problem

William Prothero waprothero at gmail.com
Sun May 21 20:03:42 EDT 2017

Folks:
I have an app that stores data to a mysql database on my server. It works fine in the IDE and in the iPhone simulator. However, when I load the app onto the iPhone, the saved data is corrupted.

I am saving an array. The array is saved in a big string that has been base64 encoded.

When saving, I do:

put arrayEncode(tArray) into tData

put base64encode(tData) into xData

put urlEncode(xData) into xData

xData is sent to the db

When I read back the data, I do the inverse:

urlDecode
base64Decode
arrayDecode

The base64 data on the db is different when I store it from the iPhone. I can see this with Navicat, which I use for db management. So, the problem is in the storing of the data.

What the heck? I am just using a post command to a php script that writes to the db.

Why would the iPhone data that is sent be different from that sent in the simulator?

Mac OSX 10.12.4, Livecode 8.1.4 (rc2) and XCode 8.3.

Any suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks,
Bill P.

William A. Prothero