[Blog] New post for your reading pleasure

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri May 19 15:54:18 EDT 2017

On 5/19/17 2:11 PM, Roger Eller wrote:
> On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 2:42 PM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <
>
>> On 5/19/17 9:15 AM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode wrote:
>>
>>> I paid up and send in my shirt size, yesterday.  Heather's response was
>>> "What does 'two bolts' mean?"
>>>

>> You win the internet today. :) But my stereotype has been destroyed,
>> everyone knows that programmers are skinny and live on Jolt and coffee.

> I don't get the connection, so I googled it, which resulted in some light
> reading suggestions:
>
>    Albert Einstein: And the Frontiers of Physics
> <https://books.google.com/books?id=n8ThBwAAQBAJ&pg=PA59&dq=What+does+%27two+bolts%27+mean?&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjIzYi60_zTAhVCRCYKHfFQD2YQ6AEIJjAA>
>
>    Cumulative Sum Charts and Charting for Quality Improvement
> <https://books.google.com/books?id=bLzkBwAAQBAJ&pg=PA4&dq=What+does+%27two+bolts%27+mean?&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjIzYi60_zTAhVCRCYKHfFQD2YQ6AEILDAB>
>
>    The Nuts and Bolts of Proofs: An Introduction to Mathematical Proofs
> <https://books.google.com/books?id=WDdd9LQBWCgC&pg=PA16&dq=What+does+%27two+bolts%27+mean?&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjIzYi60_zTAhVCRCYKHfFQD2YQ6AEIMzAC>
>
> https://www.google.com/search?tbm=bks&hl=en&q=What+does+%27two+bolts%27+mean%3F

I suppose math and physics may apply here but a bolt of cloth is up to
100 yards of fabric wrapped around a cardboard core. Google "bolt of
cloth" for an image.

If Mike needs 200 yards of fabric for his tee shirt then I suspect he
also needs custom-made door frames and chairs. Frankly, I don't believe it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com