Loss of internet connectivity in IDE after a while

Terry Judd terry.judd at unimelb.edu.au
Sun May 14 21:51:13 EDT 2017

I’m using 8.1.3 (Business licence) on the Mac and I’ve notice a few times that the IDE seems to be unresponsive to URL requests after a while. If for example I do something simple like...

Put url http://www.google.com

then I get the following error...

Message execution error:
Error description: Function: error in function handler
Hint: ulExtIsBlocked

Before I log a bug report, does anyone know what this means and if there is any way to ‘unblock’ it (other than quitting and restarting LC). I also need to be very confident that this problem isn’t going to surface on the iPad app that I’m currently updating.

Regards,

Terry...

Terry Judd  | Senior Lecturer in Medical Education
Department of Medical Education<http://medicine.unimelb.edu.au/medical-education>
The University of Melbourne<http://www.unimelb.edu.au>
M: 0435 961 594  |  E: terry.judd at unimelb.edu.au<mailto:tsj at unimelb.edu.au>
Publications<https://scholar.google.com.au/citations?user=XC5s6wwAAAAJ&hl=en>