sysError List?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat May 13 11:15:58 EDT 2017

Rick Harrison wrote:

 >> On May 12, 2017, at 10:40 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >>
 >>  put specialFolderPath("temporary")
 >
 > Hi Richard,
 >
 > It returns blank.
 >
 > So now what?

That value is either accurate or inaccurate. Either way, it seems a bug
- the question is, where?

If accurate, it would appear there's something very unusual about your
OS config, since temp files are a common necessity in modern OSes.

If inaccurate, it would appear to be a bug in LC 8.1.4 RC1.

Have you tried that in 8.1.4 RC2?
http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/

If the problem is repeatable with the latest build you might want to
file a bug report on that.

FWIW, testing both LC 8.1.4 RC2 and 9.0 DP6 I get a valid path to my
system's temp folder.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems