Wouldn't it be nice to have a "back/forward" button in script editor?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu May 11 17:03:47 EDT 2017

J. Landman Gay wrote:
 > Well, I don't usually jump only once. If I do, I just use the
 > built-in trick I described. But what I usually need to do is follow
 > script flow from one handler to the one that called it, to the one
 > that called that, the back to the second one until I see another
 > reference, then jump to that one, see what it does, then back to the
 > first one, then on to another one.

Yes, quite different from the original problem statement, and more
reflective of my own needs as well.

Right now I make liberal use of the "Lookup Definition" item in the
context menu, but that only goes one way.

I once considered making a static analysis tool that would provide a
list of handlers with specific line numbers for a flow of execution.

Not surprisingly, I also decided the time it would take to do that would
exceed the time it would save me. :)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems