Calling a livecode executable -ui from LC server and get back a result.

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Fri May 5 08:36:27 EDT 2017

Hi Roger,

indeed, I have considdered that. But I have no experience on how this would behave. Actually what I was trying to do is reducing the involved components, instead of introducing more and more over the course of building the system. LC - Server came natural there, as it would have allowed me to use liveCode inline and having the proven stability of Apache, which is needed for other purposes in the project also. It is so unfortunate, that LC-server gets me to 95% of what I need to do and then you need to revise your decisions, because some things that you would expect to work, just won’t. I can most certainly move everything that is needed into a liveCode client, but I would not want to do that because of apllication design reasons. Pitty. If I were to set up a faceless app as a service / daemon, I am not too sure if I would do it in LC, given that it would be a single threaded process and I might need concurrency. The pretty part of the CGI approach is that it starts an instance per connection that then can act individually. Well, back to whiteboard I guess.

Thanks a lot,

Malte