Calling a livecode executable -ui from LC server and get back a result.

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Fri May 5 06:48:31 EDT 2017

Thanks Dan, but that is not what I am after…

I have a server side liveCode application, which needs to talk to a couple of webservices from time to time. While this works nicely on the desktop, it does not do so on Server, as Server lacks some libURL functionality. First workaround was to shell out to cURL. This works nicely on Mac and Linux servers, but forever reason fails under Windows Server, which I need to support. So the next thought was to call a liveCode executable -ui when needed, but I do not get a result back there. I will not want to have a liveCode standalone running 24/7 on a server machine. I guess the easiest way out is to simply kill off the idea to treat liveCode server as a replacement for PHP and just bite the bullet and build everything in PHP instead. Or start an initiative to get libURL ported to server. I already talked to the guys in Scottland to see if this would be feasible, but it would cost a bit more than I could afford alone. I might just go with having the single command implemented I would need for the project (libURLLastRHHeaders), which then would also lift the requirements for having to use cURL or any other helper app in my case, but I am not quite sure if that makes sense…

Would anybody else like to see libURL feature parity between Desktop and Server engines and if so be willing to set up a fundraiser with me for this?

Cheers,

Malte