develop a hybrid app

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Thu May 4 19:07:39 EDT 2017

Hi Matt,

Apple has made it extremely difficult to do anything which
accesses other apps or functions outside of your own app.
Everything is “sandboxed” to make sure that your app doesn’t
interfere with anyone else’s app or other Apple apps.

Apple has made sure that one can’t make a better
iTunes app very easily at all.  Go ahead and try if you
like, you will discover it to be quite difficult.  Apple doesn’t
want anyone competing with them for such things.

So, yes trying to monitor what’s going on with
someone’s activities on the iPhone is pretty
difficult.  Most activity trackers do things like
check the time and send a notification that
one has not gone for a walk recently.  They
might also check the accelerometer to see
if the iPhone has moved recently, but that
app has to be running in the foreground for
that to work.

Tracker apps can use a lot of power too
because they are checking things constantly
and that can affect the daily battery time.

Good luck!

Rick