develop a hybrid app

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Thu May 4 14:51:16 EDT 2017

The short answer is "nope".
• If you have a smart watch, you know that the apps run on the watch, not
on the phone, so even if you get the phone, the watch still wins.
• There is a reason why Nissan is proposing adding Faraday cages to the
center console of the Juke (
https://www.google.com/search?q=nissan+faraday+cage&oq=nissan+faraday+cage&aqs=chrome..69i57.3488j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8)
- because your ability to conrol someone's phone, or see what they are
doing when your app is not in the foreground, is extremely limited,
especially on ios.
• Similarly, "Cinemode" does not work in Cinemark's app on ios (
https://www.google.com/search?q=cinemode&oq=cinemode&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.1737j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8)
even though it's a great idea.
• That has nothing to do with LC, it's an Apple thing.  Apple is also very
picky about what you can and cannot do when the phone is asleep and when
your app is not in the foreground.  AFA screen dimming, activity tracking,
muting, etc. you can't get there from here on ios.
• You also can't hope to keep your app in the foreground, keep it active
while the phone sleeps, and keep the app pinging your server from ios to
tell the server that the user's phone is not doing anything
• You will note that there are plenty of parental control apps for Android
that allow parents to kill devices between hours x and y.  On ios, there
are no such apps.

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 2:02 PM, Matt Maier via use-livecode <