Object Selection Handles

Ali Lloyd ali.lloyd at livecode.com
Tue Mar 28 12:18:09 EDT 2017

> So do you see any advantage to having handles outboard?

Yes, it is impossible to resize an object's width or height to zero (or
within (size of handle) of zero) when the handles are inside the object.
Also, you could not previously make a line straight using the selection
handles inside an object, for roughly the same reason.

If you're making precision changes to an object's rect that require seeing
the selection handles within the rect, it seems to me you'd be much better
off adjusting the rect via the message box or using the alignment tools.