Linux 32bit?

William A. Prothero, Jr prothero at earthlearningsolutions.org
Mon Mar 20 04:18:07 EDT 2017

Something that might draw in New users who want a ready made solution are template stacks for various kinds of apps. Users would get a head start on an app, then customize it for their own purposes. Perhaps this already exists, as I haven't perused the site for awhile. I do know that the short course in making iOS apps, offered a year ago, badly needed proof reading by someone who didn't create the materials. I got discouraged at the time I had to waste and have up.

I know there is a lot out thete. Can a new user find it?

Bill

William Prothero

On March 19, 2017, at 10:06 PM, Alejandro Tejada via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:

Hi Richmond,

on Sun, 19 Mar 2017, Richmond Mathewson wrote:

> This just echos what LiveCode have been doing
> for a long, long time, and I get slammed every time
> I mention it: They talk "the talk" about FOSS, 'Community'
> and so on, and listen when it suits them, but don't when it doesn't.

I do not understand about what you are talking about.
Could you provide very specific examples that explain this?

I feel compeled to repeat myself:

Probably, this email requirement only wants to create a link between new
LiveCode users and the current LiveCode community and company.

Does anybody knows how many new LiveCode users stop using this platform
after a single glance or after a really short time of use?

My educated guess is that many, many new users do not take enough time to
try this platform in all it's complexity and extension. Many new user are
just looking for a ready made solution for their application needs.

In my experience, some users do not want to learn something completely new
and unfamiliar. They just want a program with an interface similar to
Microsoft Office with added functionalities like scripting and compiling...

Maybe, just maybe, LiveCode should offer something like a free short course
on a single topic... a topic of interest for this new user in exchange for
this email direction.

Al