How to save to local file via native file dialogue?

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at me.com
Fri Mar 10 11:50:26 EST 2017

Hi Folks,
I’m building a little utility to parse a regular html report file I get into CSV form to slice & dice with Excel.

Input & transformation phases are sorted.
Input processing uses 'answer file' to select a source file via the native file dialogue, set the defaultFolder and load the HTML content via put URL
Transform to structured tabular form is neatly handled via chunk replace & filter functions and iteration.

However, I’m struggling to find the syntax needed to save the contents of the output variable / field into a local file via the OS file save dialogue for flexibility. I’m guessing it’s a variant of 'put theContent into URL “file:” & theFolderPathAndName’ but this seems hard-wired.

What trick am I missing here?
Thanks,
Keith..