Download LC Community: trapped

Jim MacConnell jmac at consensustech.com
Fri Mar 10 11:34:36 EST 2017

And.. I come down on the other side of this one.
I think offering people the opportunity to register w/email is important
but.... not allowing them to see what they're getting unless they do.... not
so good.

I routinely do not try tools if I have to give anything to try them out...
email, facebook permission, etc. Not willing to spread personal any further
than I need to.  Means I'm probably missing out on great stuff but I'm a
stong believer in try before you by without having to become "connected" to
someone/thing I may not want to have a lasting relationship with.

That said... I personally don't mind getting a periodic reminder when
checking something out along the lines of "We hope you're enjoying XXXXX. If
you haven't registered to receive important notices from YYYY yet. Please
consider doing so. This notice will disappear if you do."